Dr. Robert Hunsaker , MD
BOARD CERTIFIED COSMETIC SURGEONAsk this Doctor
Dr. Robert H. Hunsaker is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializing in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face and body.
About Dr. Robert Hunsaker
Over the past 18 years, Dr. Hunsaker’s widely respected reputation has grown primarily because of his sound surgical judgment, superb technical skills and his willingness to give the time and personal attention that patients seek in order to feel comfortable and secure in their decision to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery.
His practice has evolved over those years to where he now focuses exclusively on aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery of the face and body. This commitment to excellence has allowed him to even further develop and refine his already talented skills and techniques so he can offer patients a truly premier level of sound surgical judgment, experience, and technical ability.
Dr. Robert Hunsaker – Education And Training
- Wittenberg University – (Honors)
- Ohio State University College of Medicine (Honors)
- University of North Carolina – Five year general surgery residency, Chief Resident
- City Hospital Regional Plastics Unit, Nottingham, England – 18 month special plastics fellowship
- University of Miami School of Medicine – Plastic surgery residency under world-renowned plastic surgeon, Ralph Millard, Jr. M.D., Chief Resident
- Former Associate Chief Plastic Surgery, University of Miami
- Former Director, Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program, JMH/University of Miami
Dr. Hunsaker was elected a fellow of the prestigious Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons. He has been involved in research involving diseases of heart muscle, microvascular surgery, developing improved breast implants, and improved techniques for face lifting. He has published multiple research papers, been a guest on many television and radio programs and has been invited to speak to plastic surgeons around the globe from Japan to Bahrain, England to South America. He has served patients from 25 countries and 19 states and is a member of many local, regional, and national medical and plastic surgery organizations.
Cosmetic or plastic surgery is used to alter a person's appearance for a 'more desirable look' or for functional reasons such as breast reduction to reduce neck and back pain. Reconstructive plastic surgery is used to repair damaged tissue after illness or injury. Some of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures are breast augmentation, breast reduction, eyelid surgery, liposuction and ear reshaping. The most common non-surgical procedures include botulinum toxin injections, dermal fillers, chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser and intense light treatments.
- Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty
- Breast Implants with Saline or Gel
- Laser Liposuction and Traditional Liposuction
- Brazilian Butt Lift (Buttock Augmentation)